We appreciate the trust you place in us when you enter your contact info into a form on our TipMe application. We do not take that trust for granted and have implemented the following policies to protect your data and privacy. When you fill out a form on TipMe, you will be added to these lists…
1. TipMe customer database – We generate a unique customer ID, Business ID, Agent ID, or Admin ID. This allows you to carry transactions in a unique and effective way. It allows to track transactions related to your account in case of a problem as well as assist our support staff to better support our platform and serve you or your business.
2. Special Offers – From this database, you will receive customized messages pertaining to your account or your country of residence. You will also receive email messages that we send on behalf of our advertisers and partners. We control all such mailings. We do not rent or sell these email addresses logged in our database nor your phone number.
All email communications sent to these lists are managed by us. The data we collect will not be shared without your consent. We only collect data about you from a professional context. This includes, but is not limited to, your email address, company name, Business name, phone number, etc. We will not sell or share this data to anyone without your explicit consent. In specific cases, we will be contractually obligated to share your data with one of our third-party advertisers, sponsors or partners or the government if a valid subpoena is issued with respect to your account. In these instances, we will make it clear that the data you share will be transferred to the third party. You will always have the option to not have your data shared by not taking part in that specific program if it is optional. We use third-party data processors. Some information, such as IP and your email address, may be shared with the following third parties who help us run our website, TipMe application and email programs. They will only use this information to serve our needs and are prohibited from using it in any other instance.
They are: Google Analytics (website tracking), Google Ad Manager (ad serving), Campaigner (email), Click Back (email), Reg Online (event registration), AdDaptive Intelligence (ad serving). Our implementation of Google Analytics includes user-id tracking which lets us associate engagement data from different devices and multiple sessions, so we can discover how users interact with our content over an extended period of time. No data that could be used to personally identify you (such as your name or email address) will be shared with Google as part of this implementation. We will secure your data to prevent unauthorized access. To prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your data and maintain the accuracy and cleanliness of our own data while ensuring the correct use of it, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect both online and on TipMe application. We will delete your data upon request. If you would like to unsubscribe from our service and have your data purged at any time, you may do so by sending an email to us at email@example.com or to request the information we store about you, please at firstname.lastname@example.org Otherwise, by continuing to interact with our App and programs, you provide us with permission to manage and use your data as described above.
Personal data we collect
We collect your personal data when you register for or use our services, such as when you create an account, make a payment, or make a purchase on a merchant’s website.
In order to use our services, you must create an account, we will use this information to process transactions, prevent fraud and comply with the law.
Below is information we collect from you when you create your account.:
- Information that identifies you, include:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Information collected from cookies or other tracking technologies
While using our app, we have integrations with other third parties such as Google, & Facebook who in addition also collect or track device or user data for further analytics to help us improve our services.
Records and financial information, for example:
- Government-issued identification (before account is activated for use)
- Commercial information, for example:
- Online shopping cart information
- Purchase history
Geolocation data, for example:
- Global Positioning System (GPS) information when you give us permission through your device settings
- IP-based geolocation (for iOS/Google analytics)
- Call recordings when you talk to customer service
- Photo IDs and profile pictures, you provide
- Professional or employment information when you request for an account limit increase or add a business profile, for example:
- Business information, contact emails and phone numbers
- Tax IDs
Information we infer based on your personal data, for example:
- Fraud and risk assessments,
- If you are on a PEP list
Why we collect personal data
We collect personal data for the following reasons, including to improve your experience, and to run our business as required by the regulation in the country we operate. Specific reasons why we collect your personal data include:
- Run our App and provide better services, for example to help you send or request money, make purchases, show you your account information, verify access to your account, and keep your account and payment information up to date and safe.
- Protect our business and our customers from risk and fraud.
- Send you marketing information about our products and services.
- Personalize your experience when you use our sites and services, as well as other third-party sites and services.
- Contact you when you need us, such as answering a question you sent to our customer service team.
- Comply with laws and enforce our agreements with you and other people who use our services.
How and why we share personal data
We do not sell your personal data. However, we may share personal data across our services.
- Courts, governments, regulators and law enforcement when accompanied by a subpoena or other legal documentation that requires TipMe or members of our corporate family to respond
- People involved in a transaction, such as other users or merchants and their service providers.
- Third parties that you asked us to connect with, such as other financial or social media apps. If you want us to stop sharing information with a third party, disconnect your account from that third party.
Other third parties to:
- Comply with laws
- Investigate or enforce violations of our user agreement
- Facilitate a merger, purchase, or sale of part or all of our business
- To prevent physical harm or illegal activity
How we protect your personal data
Helping to keep your personal data safe against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration is our top priority.
To protect your personal data, we use technical, physical, and administrative security measures that include:
- Data encryption
- Physical access controls at our data centers(provided by our cloud service providers)
While we protect our systems and services, you’re responsible for keeping your password(s) and account information private. You are also responsible for making sure your personal information is accurate and up to date.
If your account is closed, we may keep your personal data and other information as required by law and according to our data retention policy. If we do, we’ll continue to handle it as we describe in this statement.
Changes over time
We’ll make changes to this privacy statement from time to time. This helps us stay up to date with changes to our business and the most current laws. After a new version is published, we’ll collect, store, use, and protect your personal data as we outline in that revised statement.
We may notify you about these changes through email or any other communications.
Questions about this policy or how we use your data?
Email us at: email@example.com